Friday, February 15, 2013

Registering for the CrossFit Opens

Last week I was chatting to a few of the guys about registering for the Opens.


As a competitor for the past 2 years, I can tell you this, the opens is designed to allow everyone to compete. The WODs have movements which everyone can do, from the beginner crossfitter, to last years Champ. The movements are no harder, no more complex, than you do every day at CFS. From the previous years opens they have designed the WODs, to start out simple (150 WallBalls, then muscle Ups in 9mins). I remember the chat about this WOD, peeps were worried about not having a MU, in reality only a handful of athletes completed the 150 WB's and got onto the MU, in the 9 mins.

If you are unsure about competing, ask yourself this, can you squat, can you do Pull Ups, can you deadlift, can you clean/snatch, rope climbs??? If yousaid yes to any of these, then register and sign up for Crossfit St Marys (both the team and affiliate).

The WODs will be released on each Wednesday about lunch, we will smash them out Friday night, Paleo BBQ to follow.



The thing I like about competing in the Opens, I get ranked, not only as the 809th fittest dude in Australia/NZ, you can look at it 2 ways, 808 people beat me, or the way I see it, "I beat 2200 odd other atheletes". Who were judged on the same WOD/movements/Weights that I was.

If your unsure about regestering, hit up Coach Mel or Browney at the box, an we can set up your account/rego on the night.



Train Hard, Play Hard - Take No Prisoners.
Browney

  Registration Video 

 Login Registration  

No comments:

Post a Comment